Saturday 24 September 2016

A Smelly Tag!!!!

Back to cardmaking this week and sadly leaving my horsey antics behind!  This week I am sharing a tag that I made during a class I attended in Bristol.  It was made using pixie powders, shaving foam and alcohol inks!



Firstly I started by putting shaving foam into a container and sprinkled with sun yellow and peacock green pixie powders.  When they started to mix with the foam I then took a straw to swirl them together, I then laid the card onto the foam and removed it.  It was covered in foam and when you take off the excess with a ruler it leaves a very interesting pattern on the cardstock.  Once this has dried ............. and by the way it smells gorgeous! ............. I then cut out the tag and embossed it to add a little more texture.

To make the butterflies I stamped a Visible Image butterfly with matt medium and heat embossed it with black powder.  Once this was done I let it cool down and then took clover and sunset yellow alcohol inks and spread them over the back of the butterfly.  By putting the inks on now and cutting later I didn't have to be too careful with applying the inks!  Once this had dried I hand cut the butterflies and placed them onto the tag, folding them up slightly to add some dimension.

The back of the tag is clear to write a message and I thought it best not to put a sentiment on the front so it could be used for any occasion.

Finally I popped some ribbon through the top so there was something to help attach it to a gift.

For this tag I used the following:

Alcohol inks - clover & sunset yellow
Cheap shavng foam
Pixie Powders - peacock green and sun yellow
Heat resistant acetate
Visible Image Butterfly Beginnings stamp

I hope you enjoyed this project, so until next time I will leave with love and crafty hugs!

Ginny x



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, I love the sound of this technique but never tried it. I would not have thought to try it with pixie powders, I have usually seen it done with inks. Definitely one to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I have done it before with inks but the pixie powders give it a totally different look Lynn, as the colours split but not as dramatically as they do in water. We started with two colours and took prints, then added another colour until we had used 4, each time taking prints from it. It was great fun ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag. Thank you for sharing. Haven't tried this with Pixie Piwders. Must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag. I love the shaving foam technique, no matter which medium is used.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for taking the time to visit my blog and comment I always really enjoy seeing your comments x

    ReplyDelete